Hazelwood Care Ltd is a professionally run company which specialises in caring for the elderly, including those who have Alzheimers and/or senile dementia, caused by factors such as old age of injury.
The Company Head Office is located in London and the homes are spread along the length and breadth of the United Kingdom
The Company Management consists of professionally trained/accredited Managers and dedicated support staff who have gained an enviable reputation for the high standard of professional care provided. All Managers are registered with the Care Quality Commission and all staff members are adequately trained in delivering quality care to our service users. The staff are also encourages to undertake National Vocational Qualifications which further enable them to continue providing a high standard of care.
Aims and Objectives
The Company aims to provide a high standard of quality care and enable a better quality of live for the elderly service users, through the services provided in our various homes.
The Company and the staff together aim to do the following:
- Provide a safe and secure home for the service users.
- Seek the maximum development of each individual in the overall limit of his/her potential.
- Promote within each individual the belief that his/her life, choices and activities are as valuable as those of the rest of the population
- Provide the emotional and physical support required for expressing and preserving their individuality.
The above aims will result in the objectives of the management; as stated below:
- To promote useful contact with other members of the local community
- To provide and create an atmosphere for meaningful activities for the service users.
- To provide personalised care plans for each service user; which will be inclusive of their leisure, activities, and food choices. The management will also strive to ensure that the staff are adequately trained to support the service users in all areas of their live and also ensure that opportunities to participate in the community are maximised.
- A properly prepared personal care plan should provide the following:
- An assessment of and detailed information on the service usersâ€™ needs.
- Any liabilities faced by Management in meeting those needs
- Clear identification of unmet needs and a comprehensive action plan to satisfy them.
- To ensure that regular staff meetings and communications take place at all levels of management within the home. Individual staff supervisions is an essential component to ensuring good, professional practice is being followed and also encourages clearer communication within the organisation.
- To assist and ensure the service users have access to the appropriate medical service available to them, with the same standard as is applied to others.
- To counsel clients on the choice of services available to them.